When winter rolls around, chic heat-conducting accessories are just as key as a cozy pair of skinny jeans. So whether the mercury’s just dipping below 60 (we’re talking to you, Angelenos) or you’re tackling the snow season headfirst, here are five essential accessories to wear with your denim:
- There’s no better way to bundle up for the cool weather than with a stylish scarf. Our go-to? An oversized grey knit scarf paired with Emilia in Dorado.
- After slipping into James Twiggy in Bombshell and a double-breasted blazer, top off your winter look with a classic felt fedora.
- A great handbag is key year round but, let’s face it, colder weather just makes life more difficult, so we’re all about fashion meeting function this time of year. Stella McCartney’s Falabella tote is not only chic, but is big enough to house all your other accessories - gloves, hat, scarf – when you duck inside somewhere warm.
- Punctuate a downtown look by pairing your High Class Skinnys in Diver Black with a cozy-chic coat, like this fur-trimmed wool option.
- When picking the perfect pair of gloves, opt for something sleek and sexy. (Mittens may be warm, but they’re also for 4 year olds.) We love Valentino’s rockstud leather gloves, especially when styled with James Twiggy in Black Coated!
What’s your fave cozy accessory to pull out when the weather gets frightful?
Now that Thanksgiving has past (thank god for loose-fitting jeans!), we can officially focus all our attention on the fabulous gifts we hope to find under the tree this year. From behind the seams, here is our holiday wish list:
Shop the James Jeans Holiday Wish List:
On Emily’s list > High Class Skinny in Bombshell
On Catherine’s list > Trip for two to Italy
On Nina list > Um…human cloning machine’s aren’t real. So how about this until they are?
What’s on your holiday wish list?
Winter white made a big impact on the fall runways and has us, well, dreaming of white denim. Of course, there’s more than one way to work this trend into your wardrobe. So whether you follow our lead and go for a fave pair of jeans or you prefer a cozy, oversized knit, here are a few tips you won’t want to put on ice:
While wearing white past Labor Day is no longer a fashion faux pas, be sure you’re choosing weather-appropriate pieces. (Flowy white dresses and crochet tops are awesome but don’t really work in winter, obvs.) So try something like this: Pair our Neo Beau boyfriend jeans in Vecchio with a chunky white sweater and matching infinity scarf. Throw on a sick pair of printed heels to take the look to the next level. Since the outfit is so simple, any wild pattern will work. Another option: top off a denim tuxedo with a white cardi or blazer. (The hue looks especially good against James Twiggy in Caravaggio).