Studs have made a comeback as one of fall’s hottest trends. The heavy metal accents toughened up the runways, appearing on everything from tricked-out denim to it-bags. Here, 7 ways to rock heavy metal.
1. Studded collars used to be goth, but suddenly they’re not so avante garde anymore. Wear a cut-out shoulder blouse with a studded collar, like this Total Stud Blouse from Nasty Gal, with super skinny Black Coated James Twiggys for a look that’s got just the right amount of edge.
3. Not really a tough girl? Well, studs don’t have to be scary. If you’re more of a glamour queen, take our Jaggers in Ink Dye Crystal for a test drive. Warning: these are a definite LAMD (a.k.a. look at me device), and according to Gallery Girls, you only need one. So pair them with a sexy basic, like this Fluxus open back tee.
4. We love the unconventional twist studs give to the classic ballerina flat. Add a hint of edge to your ensemble with these Valentino Rockstud flats.
5. Revamp your fall look with our Jagger jeans in Dark Grey Studded. The subtle band of studs makes this versatile pair perfect for day or night. We suggest styling them with a sleek top, like this Alice + Olivia silk tank, and an arm full of stacked bracelets.
6. When we see a good bag, we surrender. And when it comes to studded options, the ultimate is obviously Alexander Wang’s Rocco Stud-Bottom satchel. Like heavier metal? Try this Totally Studded bag decked out in gold grommets and silver spikes.
7. For serious metal heads only: our killer Outlaw Medusa Black studded jeans. Let them do all the work by pairing them with a simple, slouchy tee and sleek heels, like these suede Rachel Roy peep toe pumps.