Ahhhh summer…weekend BBQs, poolside soirees and relaxed, effortless style. In honor of the season of hammocks, white jeans and vodka lemonades, we rounded up a few party-ready pieces you can rock at any casual summertime get-together.
White just feels right in the heat. So start by slipping into James Twiggy Crop jeans in Frost White and a matching T by Alexander Wang racer-back tank that hits at the hip. Add color with a vivid print like the one on this cool, embroidered Isabel Marant vest. Keep the look cas with a neutral pair of strappy sandals. Add a mini crossbody handbag for stashing your essentials and a simple gold ring for an understated finishing touch.
What’s your go-to summertime party look?
Clearly, denim holds a special place in our hearts and wardrobes. So we put together our best insider tips for making sure your blues live a long, happy life. Check ‘em out:
- Keep your jeans fresh between washing by hanging them to air out after wearing.
- Spot clean as necessary. No one needs to see that espresso spill from your morning Starbucks run!
- To extend the life of your jeans, try hand washing for a more gentle approach than the washing machine has to offer.
- Be sure to read the label and look out for Dry Clean Only tags (especially when it comes to coated, embossed and studded styles).
- If you’re throwing them in the washing machine, turn them inside out to prevent fading.
- Machine wash in cold water on the ‘delicates’ or ‘hand wash’ cycle.
- Opt for Woolite Black when washing dark indigo and black styles.
- Lay your jeans flat to air dry or hang dry upside down. This will help them keep their shape and prevent shrinking.
- Keep white and dark denim separate in your closet to keep colors from transferring.
- Avoid hot temps when washing to protect the fabric and increase their lifespan.
- Never throw them in the dryer or you’re sure to be dealing with shrinkage.
- When hanging to dry, keep out of the sun to avoid fading.
- Resist the urge to wash them after every wear.
- But be sure not to go too long! Our rec: Wash every 6 times of wear.
The bare midriff hasn’t been a high concept in the collective fashion consciousness since the late 90s. But all that changed this spring. Flashing a little abdominal flesh was an hit on the runways (shout out to Balenciaga and Balmain), and this is one trend that actually made its way off the catwalks and onto the sidewalks. The real-girl way to rock it? Team a crop top with a pair of jeans or denim shorts. So whatever your sartorial mood is this spring – whether you’re feeling casual or rebellious – here are 3 ways to serve up a sliver of midriff:
How will you rock the midriff trend this season?